Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Skype Call

 Graigry with Suyapa and her son Carlos.  He had lunch with them on Sunday.

Things were good this week.  First, I got to talk to my family, which was AWESOME.  The only sad part was I was hoping to also talk to Jessica and Taylor, but, I missed them both.  Está bien.


En otras noticias...
This week I have still been doing a lot of adjusting to the new area.

The area is great.  I still just have this wierd feeling that I don´t belong, I still feel like I should be in Guaymuras.  It is big and we do a lot of walking, but the people are friendly and seem to like to talk to us.

I also felt wierd this week because we had a missionary that died (as in finished his mission) here come back and visited.  He only left in January and it was wierd to talk to him.  It made me a little baggy, but it also encouraged me.  It was good to talk to someone who had success in this area, and a lot.  He promised us it was a good area, we just had to work in it.

I talked with my family on Sunday, which also made me a little baggy, but not as much as I thought.  I left knowing that I am really where I am supposed to be.

Today I was reading a scripture del Libro de Mormon, Mosiah 2:41, that had new meaning for me.  It talked about the happiness of the people that obey, but for me, it said specifically, if you want to be happy, you need to obey. That was a little message from God for me.  Adjusting to a new area, a new companion, new people, has been difficult.  But I know that real happiness, happiness that doesn´t end, comes from God, and the only way that he gives it to us is by obedience.

I love you guys.  Thank you for your prayers and your support.

Elder Henrie