Monday, March 17, 2014

Menos Activos


Things were very good this week.

The truth is, that this week flew by.  I feel like yesterday I was here writing you guys.

But, NEWS FLASH, its the seventeenth of march!  Wow, where did the time go?

This week we spent a lot of time finding Menos Activos.  Our ward mission leader gave us a list of ward members and asked us to visit all of them and see where they are.  

The saddest was one we went and visited and they told us she had died 5 years ago.  Seeing as the list was from 2012, it was sad to realize that she lived it a wierd enouph spot that no one from the ward noticed.  It reminded me how important it is to make sure that no one falls through the cracks.  I officially invite everyone to go and find someone they haven´t talked to in a while, and remind them that you care and that God loves them.  You never know when you might lose someone.

We also had our fun moments.  We found one lady that the list clearly said she was a member, but she seemed to be offended that we thought she was a member.  It was kind of awkward, but based on the fact she called us Elders, I kind of think she really was a member.  This ward has a lot of Menos Activos, and we have called ourselves to find them and ask them for references, (a clever way to obtain more investigators and activate people).  Something that our leaders have been emphasizing is that there is nothing like the spirit of missionary work to animate people to return to church.

I actually am not sure what to write for this week.  We spent our time doing what Misioneros do.  Walking, Talking, and Preaching.

Talking with Hermana Smart today (the nurse) as she poured Hydrogen Peroxide on my leg (yes, I am fine!  I skinned my knee, and afterward we went to the office, and she offered to patch me up), I had a bit of revelación.  She asked me if I was depressed, and I realized that I wasn´t.  It sounds weird, but I have always been a little easy to be sad and guilty.  But these days, I am too busy helping others, and it feels good.  I still have my days, but they don´t last that long, and the Lord always sends me something to cheer me up.

If you find that life is a little rough, find someone that is in the same spot as you, and lift them a little.  The Spirit will life you more.  It always does.

Things are good here in Honduras, I love being here, and I know I´m going to miss it.

Thank you for your prayers and your support.

Elder Henrie



The salsa picture is a find the difference game.
Hint, look at the ingredients in Spanish, and then in English, something isn´t right.
It made me smile