Monday, April 28, 2014

Baptisms


I feel like I have been writing for a long time, but the truth is that not really.

It feels so weird that it is P'day again!  Oh how the time flies when you are having fun!

This week was great mostly because we had 2 baptisms!  We worked hard to make sure they both went through, and although we arrived late to church on Sunday, they both got baptized and completed the ordinance by receiving the Holy Ghost.

The other great part is that we had a Temple trip with investigators the day of the baptism, so we naturally brought our 2 baptisms for that day.  It was a beautiful experience to see the spirit of the temple confirm their decision to join this wonderful church.

We worked hard this week, and I was honestly really grateful for a day to relax.  Sometimes as a missionary, you need to remember yourself, and I am doing that today.

I am grateful this week for the power of the scriptures.  I was able to watch this week as scriptures written more than 1000 years ago, impacted peoples lives.  I watched some people reject it, and it seemed as if I could see from God´s view, the sadness.  But I watched others accept it, and be willing to make changes because of it.

I was especially impacted by the Book of Mormon.  I feel like this week made it clear to me the power that this book has.  It is truly the most convincing evidence we have of the veracity of our church.

I was also impacted by seeing the difference a testimony can make in the live of people.  I feel like this week I could see as people really listened, and the Holy Ghost carried the veracidad (truth) of the message to their hearts. You can see the difference in their faces afterward, they are happy, excited, animated.  Suddenly this is not just some message, this is their message, what they needed, and they feel it.

I encourage all of you to read the scriptures, but also to share them.  They cannot help others unless they know about them.  In combination with testimony, it is the most powerful weapon we have against the enemies of doubt, peer-pressure, and hatred.  In the Book of Mormon, it talks about how the word of God was more powerful at stopping the wars than the sword. 

When we give people the chance to change, to learn something more, to grow, we will be surprised at the results.

I love you guys, I feel like you were here with me.  When I bore my testimony, I remembered you, all of you.  I remembered those small moments when you shared with me your testimonies, and how it grew mine.  Sharing it with others, I am sharing part of me, and part of you.

No one is perfect, but as we all lift everyone around us, we can truly fly.

Thank you, take care of yourselves.

Remember that God has not let us alone.

Elder Henrie