Monday, April 14, 2014

Pretty Awesome Week!


This week was pretty awesome! 

This week the mission had a goal of 1000 desafios (challenges), and about Friday, we realized that our zone was far from our meta de (goal of) 60. So we decided to go out on Saturday and just work looking for people. I went out with Elder Porter (who although still recovering, had MAJOR cabin fever). We started with a prayer, and we said prayers at intervals while working. I know that I saw miracles, including one last desafio (challenge) right before we had to turn in for the night. It gave me a stronger testimony that God loves us and knows our hopes and our desires, and if they are righteous, he helps us lograrlas (achieve). 

Also this week I was working on llenando un libro de Mormon (filling a Book of Mormon), marking the scriptures that I like to use when I preach. I was surprised and humbled to see the number of scriptures that I felt were worth marking. The Lord really has blessed us by giving us the book of Mormon. He directed the prophets to fill it with doctrine, all of which we can apply and use to mejorar (improve). I loved reading and seeing all the different scriptures that there are. Funny thing was, on Sunday, I felt that I should carry the book that I had spent hours filling. While we were toquing (knocking) doors on Sunday, we met a joven (young guy) that was really interested in the Book of Mormon. I have a testimony that he was prepared to receive more of the palabra de Dios (word of God). Now we just have to follow up and get him to read! 

This week was just in general a great week. We met some great people and had some great lessons. The goal is that this week we can help our investigadores fijar babtisimal (investigators set baptismal) dates and keep them. 

In Honduras, all of this next week is named La Semana Santa (The Holy Week).  It basically means that no one has school and a lot of people are off work.  Lots of people go on vacation. The Catholic church does a bunch of activities and presentations.  Our stake and ward also have some activities.  

As missionaries, it means that we can be even more busy.  People aren´t working, and are just sitting in the house.  They want to feel religious, so when two missionaries stop buy they are unusually open.  The mission has a goal to find 17 new investigadores for every area this week. That is a lot, but I know it is possible.

We will basically be working all we can to invite people to church and get them to the activities.  It should be a fantastic week!

I know that the Lord lives, and that he loves us. He has sent us prophets in the latter days for our good and so that we can follow his will perfectly. He has given us other scripture to testify that he is God, and that he loves all people in all Places. His commandments are strict, but are like that to help us see our potential. He never gives us a commandment without preparring the way. I feel like my week can be summarized in the testimony of a Niño in our ward yesterday. He said ¨Yo sé Dios vive y tambien que nos ama¨. I testify that this is the truth, and that you can know it by asking God. 

I love you all, and I can´t wait to talk to you on Mother´s Day! 

Elder Henrie